How many of these myths do you believe about change?
Change can be simpler than you think ...
What My Approach is about:
- An educational approach that helps you to change EASILY.
- The sessions are conducted in a POSITIVE, UPBEAT MOOD because change happens best when we are feeling good rather than bad.
- The sessions are very PRACTICAL and TAILORED to your specific situation.
- The emphasis is always on the present moment and EMPOWERING you.
- Change can happen rapidly and many clients achieve big benefits in the first 2 sessions.
A typical session involves:
1) Discovery - learning about your specific situation. I use specific focusing questions to identify the key elements of the issue.
2) Discussion and guided exercises - discussions about how the mind and emotions work and exercises aimed at helping you to discover how to work with your own mind to think or feel differently. This section of the session is very practical and interactive. If we use any hypnotherapy techniques (optional), then it will happen in this part of the session.
3) Task setting (optional) - sessions may finish with some task setting for you to complete between the sessions.
Hypnotherapy is the use of hypnotic techniques to help someone make positive changes in their life.
It is not mind control, people undergoing hypnotic techniques never usually report feeling out of control in anyway. People may feel very focused and relaxed, and often report feeing more in control than usual.
Hypnosis is very simple and works by asking people to focus their attention on different suggested ideas. For example, if you imagined biting into a lemon right now, you may find your mouth producing a little bit of saliva or your nose wrinkling at the thought. Although this might not feel like hypnosis, this is how hypnosis works. The lemon is a suggested idea, and you focused on it as you were reading the sentence, and it may have produced a (albeit small) change in your experience. All hypnotic experiences work in this way.
I usually work with people from between 2 to 6 sessions depending on their issue.
Most people experience a significant improvement after 2 sessions.
I see clients both face-to-face and online. Most of my work is done online and my experience is that online sessions are just as effective as sessions conducted in person.